City accepting applications for planning commission, water board
Mar 22, 2018 | 1041 views | 0 0 comments | 18 18 recommendations | email to a friend | print
The City of Moab is accepting applications to fill open seats on the Moab City Planning Commission and the Moab Water Conservation and Drought Management Advisory Board. Members of the planning commission must be city residents.

The planning commission typically meets on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month. The commission is a volunteer board, with members appointed by the mayor of Moab. The board acts in an advisory capacity for most city land use decisions. Planning commission members receive a $50 stipend for each meeting they attend.

The Water Conservation and Drought Management Advisory Board is a volunteer group that advises the city’s leadership on matters related to water conservation including public education, city initiatives, capital improvements, grants, policy and code revisions.

To apply for a position on the planning commission send a letter of application to or deliver the application letter to City of Moab, Attn: Mayor Emily Niehaus, 217 East Center St., Moab, UT 84532. Email, or call 435-259-5121 for additional information about serving on the planning commission.

To apply for the Water Conservation and Drought Management Board email a letter of application to or deliver the letter to: Water Conservation Board, Moab City, 217 East Center St., Moab, UT 84532.

Letters of application for both boards must include name, mailing address, city, zip code, daytime phone number, and email address.

Letters of application should also include relevant work or volunteer experience, and applicants should briefly explain their interest in serving on the board for which they are applying.

Water board applicants may request a position description, ask questions or receive a copy of the Moab Water Conservation Plan Update, by contacting Eve Tallman at 435-355-0655 or emailing

Copyright 2013 The Times-Independent. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

report abuse...

Express yourself:

We're glad to give readers a forum to express their points of view on issues important to this community. That forum is the “Letters to the Editor.” Letters to the editor may be submitted directly to The Times-Independent through this link and will be published in the print edition of the newspaper. All letters must be the original work of the letter writer – form letters will not be accepted. All letters must include the actual first and last name of the letter writer, the writer’s address, city and state and telephone number. Anonymous letters will not be accepted.

Letters may not exceed 400 words in length, must be regarding issues of general interest to the community, and may not include personal attacks, offensive language, ethnic or racial slurs, or attacks on personal or religious beliefs. Letters should focus on a single issue. Letters that proselytize or focus on theological debates will not be published. During political campaigns, The Times-Independent will not publish letters supporting or opposing any local candidate. Thank you letters are generally not accepted for publication unless the letter has a public purpose. Thank you letters dealing with private matters that compliment or complain about a business or individual will not be published. Nor will letters listing the names of individuals and/or businesses that supported a cause or event. Thank you letters about good Samaritan acts will be considered at the discretion of the newspaper.