• State lands and unincorporated private lands in Grand and San Juan counties.
• BLM Moab and Monticello Field Office areas located in Grand and San Juan counties.
• NPS including Canyonlands and Arches national parks, and Natural Bridges and Hovenweep national monuments.
• USFS Moab and Monticello Ranger Districts of the Manti-La Sal National Forest, areas within Grand and San Juan counties.
The restrictions will be in place until the fire hazard subsides. The restriction orders are specific to each agency and may contain different stipulations, but all the orders have the following prohibited acts in common:
1. No campfires, except in permanently constructed cement or metal fire pits provided in developed campgrounds and picnic areas.
2. No smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site, or while stopped in an area that is paved, barren, or cleared to mineral soil.
3. Metal cutting, welding and grinding activities in areas of dry vegetation as well as discharging, or using any kind of fireworks, firing steel-tipped/core ammunition, tracer ammunition or other pyrotechnic devices including exploding targets are prohibited without prior written authorization and special permits.
For more information about fire restrictions, wildfires, fire prevention, and fuels treatment projects visit utahfireinfo.gov.