I had moved in with a daughter after each of us had been widowed. One day I was home alone and decided to boil some eggs. I put about a half-dozen in a pan over a gas flame in “plenty” of water. I promptly got “sidetracked” and forgot them. Soon, I heard some cracking and popping and rushed over to turn the flame off. Oh my! That pan was a goner!
I was sorely tempted to bury it in the trash so Ruth wouldn’t see it. Just as quickly, I repented and left it in the sink.
Ruth came home and without a word of reprimand took it outside and saturated it with WD-40 spray and let it soak a bit. That pan cleaned up with a paper towel!
I’m glad I repented in time! It was her favorite!
– La Sal, Utah