Note: This story was edited after a statewide order revised school reopening dates that had been announced earlier in the day.
Grand County School District campuses will remain closed through Spring Break, according to a Monday morning announcement from the school district, and are tentatively scheduled to re-open on May 1. The extension of the current statewide school dismissals came at the behest of Sydnee Dickson, Utah’s state superintendent of schools.
School district teachers will continue to provide online learning, according to the announcement, but online learning will not occur over spring break, which is scheduled for April 6 through April 10.
School lunch service will also continue during the week while the campuses are closed, except for the week of spring break.
The state will reassess every two weeks and could result in increased closures or re-opening of all schools, according to the school district announcement.
The school district included the following information in the announcement:
- For questions and assistance, the first step is to contact your student(s) teacher during their scheduled office hours.
- HMK Chromebook Trouble Shooting Guide
- GCMS Chromebook Trouble Shooting Guide
- GCHS CANVAS Guides
- GCHS Expectations & Teacher Office Hours
- Lunch pick-up and delivery locations & schedules have not changed. No lunch will be available over Spring Break (April 6-10) or the weekends.