There is currently an opening on the Board of Trustees for the Thompson Special Service District, expiring December 21, 2021.
• Must be a Grand County resident and live within the TSSD boundaries;
• Terms shall be for four years unless a shorter period is required by law, or unless a mid-term vacancy is being filled;
• All terms shall end December 31st with the new member taking office the first meeting in January of the following year;
• Board Members shall have the appropriate expertise when required by law;
• Submit applications to the TSSD Office in accordance with the requirements contained in the notice;
• Agree to abide by the County’s Conflict of interest Ordinance.
Additionally, the State Code has the following requirements for the Special Service District in Grand County:
• No appointed member of the Board may be a full or part-time employee of the District while serving on the Board;
• No person employed by a Special Service District as a full-time or part-time employee may serve on the Governing Board of the District.
• A Board Member may not be compensated separately as a Board Member and as an employee for providing the same service.
• Each Trustee/Board Member appointed by the District legislative body shall be an elector (registered voter) of the District.
Applications are available near the post office boxes in the plastic container. It is two pages, front, and back. Applications must be received on or before the next regularly scheduled board meeting, June 10, 2020.
Published in The Times-Independent, Moab, Utah, May 28 and June 4, 2020.